File a Police Report

Walk-In Complaint Form

If you are the victim of a crime that does not involve an emergency, and that it occurred in North Kingstown you can complete a walk-in complaint form, print it, and bring it to the police station.

When you arrive at the police station you can submit your form to records and at that time it will be determined if the incident will be for documentation only, or if it requires additional follow-up by an officer.

This form should only be used for:

  1. Non-emergency reports
  2. Crimes with no evidence to be collected by the Police


Please complete this form (walk-in complaint form) as accurately and completely as possible. This will help us to review your report for assignment and investigation when you arrive at the station. Whenever you only have partial information (like part of a license plate number, or a person's description), please give us whatever you have! If you need to report more than one crime (or multiple crimes), please use a separate Report Form for each one.

If you need further instruction, you may contact the Records Division at 401-294-3316, ext. 8246 during the hours of 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.


It is a crime to make a false police report under Rhode Island Law.

If you have an emergency, if someone has been injured, or if a crime is still in progress, dial 9-1-1 immediately. Do not use this form.