Recreation Additional Information
We are NOW HIRING! Join our fantastic crew with a rewarding seasonal job!
North Kingstown Summer Camp Leader
Now hiring summer staff that will provide leadership in a day camp program. Must be available most days June 24 – August 23 Monday through Friday. Must be available for training prior to camp starts. Camp runs 8:30am-4:30pm. This is an outdoors camp, must be comfortable outside in the summer for a long period of time. Candidate must be flexible, creative, and innovative. Must have a positive attitude and high energy. Must be able to engage with the youth and encourage campers to have fun and socialize. Must be able to identify problems and offer solutions. Multi-tasker. Camp staff will be assigned a group of children to supervise and keep safe under the direct supervision o f a lead staff member. Must be at least 15 years of age, reliable and responsible. 15-year-olds will need working papers. Experience with children is preferred. Must be a team player.
Beach Gate Guard
The gate attendant provides general supervision of the entrance to the North Kingstown Town Beach. This position is responsible for general supervision of the entrance to town beach and enforcement of beach passes / parking passes . Duties include directing cars in parking areas, adhere to operational procedures as well as proper set up and storage of equipment. Must arrive prepared for scheduled shift which includes arriving 15 minutes early in proper attire. Reports maintenance or safety concerns to the Recreation Director. Must work in harmony with the YMCA staff, the volunteers, Senior Center Staff, Recreation Office Staff, and community. Applicants must be able to communicate, access Microsoft Outlook and deliver exceptional customer service under all conditions. Must be at least 15 years of age with working papers and have the ability to work a varied daytime schedule, including weekends and holidays such as Memorial Day Weekend, Independence Day Weekend, Victory Day Weekend and Labor Day Weekend. The position will work between the hours of 10am to 5:00pm.
The North Kingstown Golf Course has seasonal and part time positions available. General physical maintenance including but not limited to mowing, raking bunkers, weed whacking. Must be at least 18 years old, willing to work outside in all weather conditions and be able to work well with others on a crew. Must have valid license and reliable transportation. Attention to detail, a strong work ethic and positive attitude. Weekends are a must as well as early morning starts, ex, 5 AM. Job lasts through the fall laid off in late November/December.
Allen Harbor Marina
A job with a great view and atmosphere! Looking for a semi-skilled or skilled labor to facilitate miscellaneous tasks around the marina. Duties include but not limited to: Performing basic maintenance of Marina facilities, Operation of hand and power tools, groundskeeping, trash removal, custodial maintenance. Assist with basic plumbing and electrical repairs, Dock maintenance, pump out attendant, Assist with mooring maintenance. Ability to swim preferred. Must be available on some weekends. Seasonal position. Pay Rate negotiable based on experience.
Cart Attendants for the 2024 season at NK Golf Course. Position includes limited golf privileges.
Work includes cleaning, gassing, and staging of golf carts; picking driving range; washing range balls; and filling water coolers (80+ pounds).
Must be at least 16 years of age, be willing to work outside, have a valid license and reliable transportation.
Looking for around 15-25 hours per week (2-4 Shifts) can be flexible. Weekends are required.
Job runs through summer with possible limited hours continuing into the fall.
To apply, please submit your application and the job you are applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the Recreation Department, 100 Fairway Drive North Kingstown RI. Applications are available for download on the Town’s website https://www.northkingstownri.gov/DocumentCenter/View/4922/Job-Application-
Registration forms can be submitted online, dropped off at 80 Boston Neck Road M-F 830-430pm OR mailed to 100 Fairway Drive North Kingstown RI 02852.
Online portal available for registration at: https://secure.rec1.com/RI/north-kingstown-ri/catalog
TRAVEL SOFTBALL Play for North Kingstown Snap Dragon travel league! Looking for 8U players that are enthusiastic about the game. If interested call or text Jeremy at 401-862-6764.
Adult basketball information under Adult Tab
Year 'round NK Rec Basketball gear: https://nkrecbball20232024.itemorder.com/
We have a very large court renovation project in the works. We will not be opening additional pickleball registrations until we have a construction schedule in place. Look for updates here.
Beach Passes will go on sale at 80 Boston Neck Road and 100 Fairway Drive starting on May 13 daily, Mon-Fri 830-430. Cash or check only. You must have your license and car registration. No online sales. Passes not sold at the Beach. Passes will be checked weekends only Memorial Day through July 1st. Passes will be checked Daily starting July 1st through Labor day. See details here.
Join us as North Kingstown celebrates its 350th Anniversary! Click here to see full schedule and details of our year long celebration.
Summer Camp registration will open ONLINE ONLY March 11 at 9am.
There will be no in person registration. Registration will be competitive. Please make sure your account in Civic Rec is up to date, log in ahead of time for troubleshooting.
- PLAYGROUNDS SUMMER CAMP June 24 – August 23 9a-4p with 4 locations to choose from. Camp ages 6-11 by 9/1/24. Registration is competitive and will open on 3/11 at 9am ONLINE ONLY. We recommend that you log into your account prior to registration, update all your information and work out any kinks. Busing for applicable areas for McGinn and Forest Park.
- SUMMER CAMP FIELDTRIPS Must be registered for by 6/28 (must be registered in the 9-week summer camp to attend)
- SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM Need assistance with the cost of summer camp? Please come by the office or call us at 268-1540 to see if we can help. Any awarded money will be preloaded into your account for online registering, this does not guarantee you a spot at camp.
- SUMMER SQUAD (please note changes to program from last year) Free program to prevent the summer slide. Interested? Check off the box during registration and someone from NKSD will be in touch with you,9:30am-12pm 4 days a week 6 weeks of the summer, held at Davisville Academy. Transportation from Forest Park and McGinn Camp included for those registered for camp.
- SUMMER CAMP X-TREME 3 two-week sessions to choose from. Camps running Monday through Friday, 9:30am -4:30pm. 1 session $340.00, 2 sessions $580.00, 3 sessions $820.00 (NR $380/$660/$940 available 5/1). 11 TO 13 YEAR OLDS (age by September 1st of this year)! Fee includes onsite and offsite activities. Morning Care Program for an additional fee 8-9:30am available at McGinn Park. Busing available.
- CIT PROGRAM for youth aged 14 to volunteer for onsite experience at one of our 4 locations for Playground’s camp. This position must be taken seriously. Please apply at the Recreation Office 80 Boston Neck Road OR email email@example.com
Playgrounds Forms & Documents
Playgrounds & Xtreme Forms & Documents
Xtreme Forms & Documents
|Launch Waiver (all sessions)
Level 99 Waiver (session 1)
Kayaking Waiver (session 3)
|Brownstone Waiver (session 1)
- NKW LIttle League
- Football & Cheer
- NKHS Sports Camp
- Mens Softball
- North Kingstown Field Use Permit
North Kingstown Wickford Little League is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides baseball programs from introductory T-Ball ages up through highschool. We are an Official Little League Community chartered with Little League International. Our spring and fall programs are open to all North Kingstown children starting around age 5. For more information please visit our website: NKWLL.com
For more information, visit our website at North Kingstown Wickford Little League
Contact Email: NKWLLinfo@gmail.com
Mailing Address: PO Box 146 North Kingstown, RI 02852
Bob Rocco 401-323-9459
North Kingstown Men's Softball | North Kingstown RI | Facebook
We play from April 25th - Oct 31st