Senior / Human Services
"To promote, enhance and maintain the well being, dignity, and independence of persons age 55 and older by providing programs, services, and resources to meet present and future needs."
Welcome to Beechwood, A Center for Life Enrichment. You would need to look for a long time to find a seaside setting as beautiful as the one we enjoy everyday at Beechwood. We are so pleased you have decided to visit and find out more about us and what we offer.
Beechwood is a multi-purpose center that provides a wide range of activities and services to mature adults (individuals 55 and over). Included on this website you will find information on our Recreational and Wellness programs, Social Services, Transportation and our Seabreeze Dining Program.
Beechwood is a part of the North Kingstown municipal government, participation in center programs is open to ages 55 and over. Our primary funding source is the Town of North Kingstown with additional funding provided by the North Kingstown Senior Association (Friends of Beechwood), the Department of Elderly Affairs, local organizations, grants, and individual contributors.
Many individuals choose to become members of the North Kingstown Senior Association (NKSA) “Friends of Beechwood,” a non-profit organization whose mission is to “Enhance the social, recreational, and educational opportunities for all North Kingstown seniors.” Membership begins January 1st and entitles persons to receive our newsletter by mail each month. A registration form is included on this page for your convenience.
Newsletter & More Information
Please look over this page, our most recent newsletter (PDF), and discover the many programs and services available to you. If you have any questions please call us at 401-268-1590 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and we will do whatever we can to assist you or come visit us to take a tour of our facility so you can begin to celebrate your better years! Our staff and volunteers look forward to meeting you. Welcome to Beechwood!
For the State of Rhode Island Office of Healthy Aging click HERE
- What age do I have to be to participate?
- Do I have to join the North Kingstown Senior Association dba Friends of Beechwood to participate in activities and services at the center?
- What are some of the benefits of joining NKSA (Friends of Beechwood)?
- Is North Kingstown residency required?
- What types of programs does the Senior Center offer?
- What does the Social Services Department provide?
- How do I determine if I am eligible for medical assistance?
- How do I apply for SNAP benefits and/or medical assistance?
- Are meals available at the Senior Center?
- What should I do if I need transportation?