Accessing Land Records
All documents pertaining to Land Evidence, which are required by state statute to be recorded, are filed in this department.
- All documents from Land Evidence Book 140 to current are available and may be printed for $1.50 per page. These books are no longer available for page copies of documents on the copy machine. Books 1 though 140 are still available and copies can be made on the public copy machine for $1.00 per page.
- All documents must be on record by 3:30 p.m.
- Please note: No maps will be recorded after 3:00 p.m.
- Computer Index can be printed from the computer for .15 per page
- Hard Copy: Grantor and Grantee 'Indexed through' date in the current books
- History in computer begins November 1888 through day indicated on screen or in paper index
- The public computers are shut down at 4:25 p.m. daily
Search Records Online
Access the Town of North Kingstown Real Property website.
|Stamp Rate Periods
|July 1, 2002||$4.00|
|July 1, 2002 (Mobile Homes)||$2.80|
|July 1, 1980 through June 30, 2002
|July 1, 1978 through June 30, 1980
|Prior to June 30, 1978
Effective April 1, 2007, all deeds must have the sale price on the document or language which indicates that it is not a sale.
To locate old land records, those interested must check both the Grantee & Grantor books.
- UCC recordings are housed in the computer from January 1983
- Rhode Island Inheritance Tax Liens from May 15,1986 to January 1991 can be found in Grantee books
- Before that they are in the gray book which goes to 1990
- Release of Rhode Island Inheritance tax from 1991 to present is in the Grantor books
- Up to 1988 all D/mtg, A /mtg, Tax Liens, Liens are found in the Grantee books
- For discharges, assignments, tax liens, etc., there is no cross-indexing beginning in January 1988
- For those prior to 1988 you may check the Grantee books for property owners
View a variety of other record types, including maps, military discharges, and unusual information.